Friday, October 26, 2012

Neil Young - Reactor - Rock Music CD Review


Reactor is the latest Rock CD put out by the highly talented Neil Young who once again has delivered a brilliant collection of tracks. I'm confident Neil Young fans, and Rock fans alike will be pleased with this one.

Unfortunately, it's not everyday that I get a CD from an artist that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can't force myself to get through. Not at all the case with Reactor. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.

These days it's a very rare CD on which every single song is good or better than the one before it. This CD is certainly one of those rare CDs.

Overall Reactor is an outstanding release. What I call must have music. I give it two thumbs up and is most definitely a worthy addition to any Rock collection. Truly an outstanding Rock CD. One of those that is completely void of any wasted time, as each track is simply superb.

While this entire album is really very good some of my favorites are track 2 - Surfer Joe And Moe The Sleaze, track 4 - Get Back On It, and track 8 - Shots

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 - Opera Star. It's a great track!

Reactor Release Notes:

Neil Young originally released Reactor on August 19, 2003 on the Reprise label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. Opera Star

2. Surfer Joe And Moe The Sleaze

3. T-Bone

4. Get Back On It

5. Southern Pacific

6. Motor City

7. Rapid Transit

8. Shots

Personnel: Neil Young (vocals, guitar). Crazy Horse: Frank Sampedro, Billy Talbot, Ralph Molina. Producers: Neil Young, David Briggs, Tim Mulligan, Jerry Napier. Recorded at Modern Recorders, Redwood City, California.




Buy text Links




No comments:

Post a Comment