Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Questionnaire With Neil Cicierega


What are you doing these days?
Videos, songs, videos for songs, songs for videos. Those are the two things I'm good at, though I've been meaning to give ANSI art a serious go.

What turns you on creatively?
Either being in an energetic environment with other creative people, or being isolated and lonely in a dark room with a computer at 3AM. I also always get song ideas in the shower. Should shower more.

If you were a mind-reader whose mind would you like to read?
My hamster's. I think it would make me really happy.

If you could travel in time, which era would you visit?
I always have dreams about revisiting my childhood, so 1990 or so would be a trip. Remembering things I forgot about years ago is an amazing feeling.

What is your favorite sound?
Is there a sound more satisfying and spine-tingling than that of the THX logo?

What drives you crazy?
YouTube comments. You ever tried reading them? I can't help it. I mean, I love you guys, you are a wonderful audience. And the worst my own videos get are comments from finicky, tactless jerks who will never find love. But take a look at the inane arguments that any remotely political video causes. Or the outright racism you'll find under any video featuring a remotely black person. Go ahead, go look. Lose all faith in young people.

What makes you laugh?
Juggalos! What's funnier than a clown? Answer: THOUSANDS OF CLOWN. (Grammar fact: "Clown" is its own plural, like "sheep" and "fish".)

What is the album or song that influences you the most?
For the past couple of years, the album "Out of the Blue" by Electric Light Orchestra has been my favorite thing.

Who would you like to collaborate with? And why?
I'd like Bill Murray to appear in one of my videos. I believe that requires no explanation. I'd also like Carrot Top to stop appearing in my nightmares.

If you had 3 wishes what would they be?
1. The ability to safely travel through time, so I could do that 1990 thing I mentioned.
2. The ability to learn new things faster and more easily.
3. A mansion of my own design.

What is the craziest thing you ever did?
For three summers, I hosted parties in my back yard with an open invitation to the whole internet. They were actually fun parties, and by some miracle there were no murders, nobody wore diapers, nobody LARPed, and nobody tried to inflate anybody else.

What makes you feel embarrassed?
Me and my friends, all sound of mind and above 18, paid money to see High School Musical: On Ice. Yeah, I don't know. The whole "doing things ironically" thing of the 2000s might cause more cringes in retrospect than it did laughs at the time. Hipsters everywhere should start preparing for the great era of shame and shaving.

What are your favorite web-sites (not including the ones that you are participate in)?
TVtropes.org is a little more stupidly nerdy than it used to be, but it's still completely addicting. Google.com and all of its components are completely integral to the modern man's life. The forums of somethingawful.com are not only voluminous, but of the utmost quality. Does Netflix Instant Watch count as a website?

What is the silliest thing you have ever done?
There's a video I did called "123456 Pokemon" that's as silly and unsexy as imaginable. I made it when my girlfriend and I were just starting to date, but somehow she didn't break up with me. I don't understand why not.

How would you make the world a better place?
Beats me. Pizza Fridays maybe.

What is your biggest weakness?
I'm a lazy shit

Where will you be in 10 years?
That can be pretty terrifying to think about, so I won't too hard. I just hope I'm doing ever more exciting things.

Write a question that you like to ask yourself and answer it.
-Where will you be in 10 years?
-I just answered that, man. Look half an inch up, you lazy shit

Who would you like to answer that Questionnaire?
Senator John McCain.

Associations
Love - Amplify
Death - Postpone
God - Figurative
TV - Okay
Family - Pajamas
Politics - Infiltrating
Internet - Begrudgingly
Happiness - Dancing
Comedy - Irresistible
Music - Irreplaceable
YouTube - Irritable
Neil Cicierega - Irrevocable

Neil Cicierega is a comedian, musician and filmmaker with a popular YouTube channel.




What will you answer?




No comments:

Post a Comment